Do you have hearing loss?
Hearing loss often happens gradually, and can sneak up on you without you realizing that there is a problem. Often getting on top of problems early is an important way of minimizing the impact that they have on your life and when it comes to hearing, getting expert advice as soon as possible can really improve the quality of life. Knowing what to look for is one way of working out whether you need to have a hearing test.
Checklist of Symptoms to Consider
- Do you have difficulty hearing when you are talking on the telephone?
- Do you find it challenging to follow a conversation with more than two people at the same time?
- Do your family or friends complain that you have the television or music turned up too loud?
- Do you find that you are constantly asking people to repeat themselves
- Do you have to strain to hear a conversation if there is a lot of noise in the background?
- Does it seem like everyone seems to be mumbling, or not talking clearly?
- Do you often misunderstand what people are saying and find that you are often responding inappropriately to their questions?
- Does it seem more difficult to understand the speech of women and children?
- Do you often find that people get annoyed with you because you don’t seem to understand what they are talking about?
Perhaps it is time for a hearing assessment?
If you found that you answered ‘yes’ to more than 2 or 3 of these questions, you may need to consider having a hearing test to ascertain whether you have a hearing issue. (While answering yes to these questions could be an indication that there is a hearing issue, they are not conclusive, so the best thing to do is book in for a hearing evaluation and go from there.)
Advanced Hearing Care is dedicated to providing genuine care for our clients, and we offer ongoing support to ensure that you are getting the best hearing solution for you.
Or contact us below and organise your comprehensive hearing test at one of our Clinics.